Cebu Heart Institute
Cebu Heart Institute
Spirituality of Compassion, Shepherding Leadership, Innovative Excellence, Superior Expertise
The Cebu Heart Institute is a Perpetual Succour Hospital Center of Excellence. It has earned for the hospital a name of having pioneered significant medical advances in education and service.
Blessed and Inaugurated on February 14, 1994, CHI was the 1st outside Metro Manila to perform open heart surgeries. Compassionate care is integrated with clinical care excellence and personalized patient education programs that includes prayer support.
The Institute is run by a team of committed and credentialed cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, and highly trained allied health professionals.
We train the next generation of medical and clinical professionals, with the hope that they become leaders in their fields.
Our services are advanced and state-of-the-art to diagnose and treat a wide range of heart conditions for all patients.
Our specialized sections are the following:
The section provides diagnostic and treatment services for patients with cardiac and peripheral vascular diseases
using non-invasive techniques.
• Resting ECG
• 24-Hour Holter Monitoring
• 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
2. Peripheral Vascular Studies
• Arterial Studies of Upper and Lower Extremities
• Venous Duplex Scan of Upper and Lower Extremities
• Carotid Artery Duplex Scan
• Transcranial Duplex Scan
• Renal Duplex Scan
• Abdominal Aorta Duplex Scan
• Segmental Pressures and Waveform Studies
• Ankle-Brachial Index
• Cold Immersion Test
• Impotency Test
3. Stress Testing/ Treadmill Excercise Test
• 2 Dimensional Echocardiography with Doppler (2DED)
• Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
• Dobutamine Stress Echo
• Stress Echocardiography
For Vascular Studies
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
This fully operational Catheterization Laboratory provides
catheter-based interventional cardiovascular services.
1. Coronary Angiography
2. Angioplasty & Stenting
• Coronary Arteries
• Carotid Arteries
• Renal Arteries
3. Balloon Valvuloplasty
4. Balloon Septostomy
5. Vena Cava Filter Implantation
• Particle Embolization
• Tace (Trans - arterial Chemoembolization)
• Non - coronary angiography and stenting
Cardiac Surgery Capability
Acknowledged as the first to perform Open heart surgeries outside of Metro Manila, this section conducts open heart surgeries as well as major operations on the lungs, mediastinum, aorta and blood vessels among adults and children.
1. Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
2. Valvular Replacements and Repair
3. Congenital Heart Defects Repair
4. PDA Ligation
6. Arterial Bypass Grafting
8. Venous Stripping
Patients who had coronary events (heart attacks) and post-surgery can undergo Cardiac Rehabilitation to bridge their return to previous state of productivity in their work and social circles.
You may call our department to have your schedule reserved. Contact us through the following numbers:
Trunk line: (032) 233-8620 up to 39 local 137
Direct line: (032) 232-2494
Our holistic cardiac program includes the following services:
1. Specialized progressive exercise program for patients with post cardiac events
• Post CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)
• Post MI (Myocardial Infarction)
• Post Valvular Replacement
• Post Cardiac Pacemaker Implantation
2. Exercise Program making use of a specialized individual heart rate monitor
3. Specialized team approach composed of:
• Physical Therapist
• Cardiac Nurse